Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Shared Album Delete Photos

I am the creator of a shared iCloud album. If I delete photos from the shared album on my iPhone, will it delete from my (locally stored) iPhone library? And if I delete the entire shared album, will the photos still remain in my iPhone library?

If the photos remain, does it mean that the photos in the shared album are essentially duplicated in my iCloud? (Since I have all my locally stored photos backed up to iCloud)

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 8:31 PM

If you delete a picture from an album, it remains in your library. If you delete it from your library, it is deleted (moved to trash).

Photos aren't technically duplicated in that you won't see multiple copies. But rather, the main image in your library is assigned to any number of albums.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 8:31 PM in response to sasusa

If you delete a picture from an album, it remains in your library. If you delete it from your library, it is deleted (moved to trash).

Photos aren't technically duplicated in that you won't see multiple copies. But rather, the main image in your library is assigned to any number of albums.

iCloud Shared Album Delete Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.