Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete an Album I created, do I lose the photos? If I delete a photo in the library, are they deleted from any albums created?

If I delete a photo in the library, is it deleted from everywhere? (albums, cloud, shared albums) If I delete an Album I created, do those photos remain in the library?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 7:34 AM

Hi

By default the delete operation in an album is “remove from album” (See the image menu). To delete you have to hold down the cmd key (You can see the command change in the menu if it is dropped down while you press/release cmd)

If you remove from album you are not deleting from the library, and the image will stay in other albums, and the all photos view. If you use the CMD button to delete though, then you are deleting the image everywhere.

If you delete an album, you are only removing that album, and the images will stay in the library.

If you want to be extra carful, check the recently deleted view after remove from album or delete album operations.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2021 7:34 AM in response to wannabeorganized

Hi

By default the delete operation in an album is “remove from album” (See the image menu). To delete you have to hold down the cmd key (You can see the command change in the menu if it is dropped down while you press/release cmd)

If you remove from album you are not deleting from the library, and the image will stay in other albums, and the all photos view. If you use the CMD button to delete though, then you are deleting the image everywhere.

If you delete an album, you are only removing that album, and the images will stay in the library.

If you want to be extra carful, check the recently deleted view after remove from album or delete album operations.

If I delete an Album I created, do I lose the photos? If I delete a photo in the library, are they deleted from any albums created?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.