Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X could not be installed on your computer

I have a new mac and I couldn't log in so I erased the drive and tried to reinstall and now I'm getting an error message

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 9:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 4:10 PM

Shama6568 Said:

"OS X could not be installed on your computer: Should I just take it into an apple store and see if they can help me?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Set Up a Genus Bar Appointment:

This may be a faulty device. Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box limited-warranty with this. So, ask Apple to look at it, at the store Go Here: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.

Contacting Appel Support:

Prior to brining this in, and prior to setting up the Genius Bar Appointment, contact Apple Support, asking them what is going on here.

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 4:10 PM in response to Shama6568

Shama6568 Said:

"OS X could not be installed on your computer: Should I just take it into an apple store and see if they can help me?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Set Up a Genus Bar Appointment:

This may be a faulty device. Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box limited-warranty with this. So, ask Apple to look at it, at the store Go Here: Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple.

Contacting Appel Support:

Prior to brining this in, and prior to setting up the Genius Bar Appointment, contact Apple Support, asking them what is going on here.

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

OS X could not be installed on your computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.