Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV default speaker

Is there any way to select my Sonos as default for audio output on my Apple TV? Right now I have to manually switch EVERY single time I change apps or every episodes it’s ridiculous. I can’t find a default audio output option anywhere.

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 3:10 AM

Default Audio is available for ‘TV speakers’, and for the 4K model ‘HomePods’ are also available.

‘TV speakers’ should be interpreted as anything wired through the same HDMI chain as the TV, and that would include receivers and other HDMI-connected audio systems.

Selecting other audio outputs in any of the available controls is for (wireless) AirPlay or Bluetooth and temporary in nature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 3:10 AM in response to maverick230

Default Audio is available for ‘TV speakers’, and for the 4K model ‘HomePods’ are also available.

‘TV speakers’ should be interpreted as anything wired through the same HDMI chain as the TV, and that would include receivers and other HDMI-connected audio systems.

Selecting other audio outputs in any of the available controls is for (wireless) AirPlay or Bluetooth and temporary in nature.

Apple TV default speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.