Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get an older version of an app?

I 'am installing an app from app store. However, this app requires iOS 14.0 or later. My iPhone can only update to iOS 12.5.4, how can I get an older version? Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 11:48 AM

It depends upon whether or not an earlier version is available and if you can do as below:

If you have access to a device with the required minimum iOS version, you can download the new version of an app to it. Now go to your old device and a cloud icon with a download icon might appear next to the app. Try downloading it. It will offer an older version if one is available. If this is an app that uses a service (e.g., a streaming media provider) there is no guarantee the old version will actually work with the service but I have found some old versions are available and provide partial functionality.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 11:48 AM in response to AqJs

It depends upon whether or not an earlier version is available and if you can do as below:

If you have access to a device with the required minimum iOS version, you can download the new version of an app to it. Now go to your old device and a cloud icon with a download icon might appear next to the app. Try downloading it. It will offer an older version if one is available. If this is an app that uses a service (e.g., a streaming media provider) there is no guarantee the old version will actually work with the service but I have found some old versions are available and provide partial functionality.

How can I get an older version of an app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.