Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage Patches

Does anyone know if you can take out specific notes from a patch? The keyboard I use live is very light and very easy to catch notes by accident when trying to be energetic. I wanted to take them off because I don't need them.

I know you can reduce the range of the patch but I'm talking about specific notes. For example taking out the B flat because I don't need it in the song and always catch it.

Many thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 2:44 PM

Yes, you can do this. One of the MIDI plugins enables you to limit which notes will sound; unfortunately, I can’t remember which plugin it is and I’m out and about right now. However, what you’ve asked can definitely be done.

6 replies

Jul 29, 2021 4:35 AM in response to Madddcow

Oh great! That's good to know, thank you. I'll do a bit of googling and see what I can find. I managed to reduce the velocities of the specific notes under the MIDI Input > Note Inout tab on the individual patch but it's quite long winded and it doesn't stop the sound entirely.

If you did happen to remember the name of the plugin that would be amazing but this is really helpful already. Thanks. :)

Aug 6, 2021 10:38 PM in response to ALGreenwood

Go to the MIDI FX drop down o the channel strip and select "chord trigger". Hit the "Multi" button, clear anything that is there. Then hit "learn" and you can assign all of your notes by matching the input on top (key you play) to the output on bottom (pitch or pitches that key will sound). If you don't want a key to sound then make sure it isn't assigned an output. Good luck.

Mainstage Patches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.