Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using multiple Apple devices at same time using AirPods

I do research and use multiple Apple devices at SAME time. Usually 2 Apple Powerbooks and also Apple TV. I am using AirPods to listen to sound. But they seem to want to pair with the incorrect device all the time. So I am manually going into Bluetooth on each device and connecting and disconnecting depending upon which device I am using. This is especially wierd when mirroring a video from one of my Powerbooks to Apple TV and I want to listen to sound using Airpods. Sometimes the Apple TV Bluetooth will pick up, and other times it will pick up from the Powerbook. Any advice on how to make this easier? I also have 2 iPads and a iPhone. Because of this confusion I use a different companies ear bud type device for them. That just throws in 2 more devices to make this and pairing even more confusing. Being able to multi-task in my work is important.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:11 AM

Our IT & S people have suggested the easiest thing to do would be to go inot BLUETOOTH settings and always manually connect and disconnect. Ok, I can do that. But even they could not help when Apple TV and Powerbook and AirPods are being used. They asked which one the Airpods would pair or connect with? I told them if the sound would not play when they were paired/connected with Powerbook, I should make sure they are disconnected in Bluetooth on the computer, and then go to Apple TV Settings>Bluetooth and make sure they are connected there.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Per Axel

Our IT & S people have suggested the easiest thing to do would be to go inot BLUETOOTH settings and always manually connect and disconnect. Ok, I can do that. But even they could not help when Apple TV and Powerbook and AirPods are being used. They asked which one the Airpods would pair or connect with? I told them if the sound would not play when they were paired/connected with Powerbook, I should make sure they are disconnected in Bluetooth on the computer, and then go to Apple TV Settings>Bluetooth and make sure they are connected there.

Using multiple Apple devices at same time using AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.