Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it normal for apple and a 3rd party vendor to charge different prices for their apps? For example Apple charges 7.99 and Disney plus charges 6.00 totaling 13.99 is this normal?

Does Apple and a 3rd party app you subscribe to charge different prices as oppose to just one price?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 10:31 AM

Why are you subscribing both through Apple and Disney? You should subscribe through one or the other, not both. And yes, the service may charge more if you subscribe through Apple as they have to pay Apple a cut.

3 replies

Jul 27, 2021 11:00 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

So are you saying that if i purchased the Disney plus app on the Apple TV console then that is why i am being charged at two different prices that total 13.99 per month. Paying $6.00 at the beginning of the month to Disney and another $7.99 near the end of the month to apple? Should i have just purchased the app on a smart TV to avoid the charge from Apple? Thank you.

Is it normal for apple and a 3rd party vendor to charge different prices for their apps? For example Apple charges 7.99 and Disney plus charges 6.00 totaling 13.99 is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.