Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Monitors

I am trying to connect 3 monitors to my 2019 21" Imac, but there are only 2 usb c ports. I want to have a 3rd monitor hooked up that is not a split signal. I currently have a project in the front of the room, a conference monitor in the back and I also want a monitor next to the Imac so I can have multiple programs up at once. How can I get this 3rd screen (the monitor) hooked up?

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 12:06 PM

While this product, OWC THUNDERBOLT HUB - MacSales.com (OWC), is not out yet (they say it should be here by August), it should work to connect the two external displays.

From the MacSales.com description:

Connect more storage, up to two 4K displays or one 5K/6K/8K display, accessories... you name it, you can use it.

Jack

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 12:06 PM in response to JujuBerries

While this product, OWC THUNDERBOLT HUB - MacSales.com (OWC), is not out yet (they say it should be here by August), it should work to connect the two external displays.

From the MacSales.com description:

Connect more storage, up to two 4K displays or one 5K/6K/8K display, accessories... you name it, you can use it.

Jack

Jul 26, 2021 11:58 AM in response to Jack-19

correct, I am wanting to add a 3rd. If i purchase a dock will that work so I can have 3 independent screens plus the computer screen?

I am looking at something like this: https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/owc-thunderbolt-hub?utm_source=affiliate&utm_campaign=cj&cjevent=e82b71a4ee4211eb81f903bd0a82b821

I dont want to spend the money on something if that is not the correct solution.

External Monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.