Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to automatically get my phone to connect to the strongest WiFi in my home?

My question is the title of this thread in a nutshell. So I want my phone to connect to the strongest/fastest WiFi in my home as I have a WiFi connection off my router, and a WiFi extender on the other end of my home to power an outdoor camera that can’t quite reach the router. That gives me 2 channels at 2.4ghtz and 2 channels of 5G.

I’m wondering if there is a way so that my phone seamlessly will automatically hop between these WiFi channels base on which speed is the fastest without me having to switch manually?

And I don’t mean I want to connect to the strongest connection to device, let’s say 1 bar on my router is faster than 3 bars on my extender, I’d want to connect to that 1 bar automatically (I think that means fastest bandwidth but I may be wrong). Is there any way this can be done?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 1:20 PM

While it has a reasonable signal it will not usually jump to another one. It will cling on with white knuckles.

The best you can do to stop it connecting to one of them is by turning off Auto Join in wifi settings.

5 replies

How to automatically get my phone to connect to the strongest WiFi in my home?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.