Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google says my device is “CPU iPhone OS 14_7 like Mac OS X”. Is that right?

Did the device info available to google/apps during login change? Or did malware jailbreak and install mac OS on my phone?

iPhone

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 3:40 PM

That is just the way the browser identifies itself via its user Agent. There’s nothing wrong with that. Google is just showing you part of the user agent which identifies the iOS version. Apple itself adds the “Like Mac OS X” part to the user agent.

Mine shows up as: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 14_7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.2 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

I’m using Safari on my iPad.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 3:40 PM in response to user005

That is just the way the browser identifies itself via its user Agent. There’s nothing wrong with that. Google is just showing you part of the user agent which identifies the iOS version. Apple itself adds the “Like Mac OS X” part to the user agent.

Mine shows up as: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 14_7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.2 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1

I’m using Safari on my iPad.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Jul 26, 2021 3:05 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks ChrisJ4203. Yeah.. I may need to ask google forums, too.

There were IOCs (many) on my macbook, which I’m no longer using, but my phone was usb/hotspot/bluetooth/“trusted device”-connected to it numerous times… Otherwise, I’d make a similar conclusion with no further thought of this oddly worded device info. The malware still seems equally plausible though. :(

Google says my device is “CPU iPhone OS 14_7 like Mac OS X”. Is that right?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.