Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple maps issue

How do I update my Apple maps app on my iPhone? I live on a long dead end street. Apple maps shows part of the road is closed (which it is not). Today someone could not find my house because their Apple maps did the same thing mine does, it takes you to another nearby street. I submitted a change request through the app but is there anything else I can do? I checked the maps app on three other iPhones, all are doing the same thing. My iOS is up to date.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 1:36 PM

6 replies

Jul 28, 2021 7:41 PM in response to cginva

Unfortunately, there’s nothing more you can do. Use the “Report issues” feature in Maps, that’s all you can do. There’s no way to update your satellite image database manually. You would think with all the money we give , they would provide us with a better Maps App than Google.

Hope this helps!

Jul 29, 2021 9:41 AM in response to cginva

Yeah, those types of business are crying themselves to sleep because they can’t steal people’s information. I’ve never understood how/why people volunteer to disclose/allow companies access to their basic privacy. As to the release, I SAW THAT! I’ve sat and read through the whole release the other day. I’m SO excited! I can’t wait to be able to view my security cameras using my Watch too!

Apple maps issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.