Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes - Problem updating Itunes 12.10.10 to version 12.10.10.2

I got a popup dialog box on my Windows 7 computer, asking to update my Itunes 12.10.10 to version 12.10.10.2. I agreed. Part way thru installation it stopped and an Apple Software Update, Error msg. occured: Errors occurred while installing the updates. If the problem persists, choose tools > Download Only and try installing manually. I can't choose tools from My existing itunes because12.10.10 Got wiped out with the download Error. I checked in my Control Panel / Programs and Featurs / Uninstall or change a program. I found an iTunes icon for version 12.10.10.2 . I still have no usable iTunes.

I did a google search for: iTunes; Errors occurred while installing the updates. If the problem persists, choose tools > Download Only and try installing manually. I found images for lots of iTunes error msgs. I selected the one that best fit this error msg. It it had instructions to help, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250517104 . It required me to Uninstall iTunes plus a small list of other software components. I have tried several times to uninstall the iTunes icon for version 12.10.10.2, but it won't. I am hesitant to try to Uninstall the small list of other software components and then manually install a download of version 12.10.10.

I have also read that my Windows 7 Installer may be damaged and how to fix it. I used the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. The sfc.exe test reported 100% good. So that is not the problem.

Please help me. Thank you.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 9:24 AM

Hello deanhosk. I believe that 12.10.10 and 12.10.10.2 were actually the same version, and that the most recent version to support Windows 7 is actually 12.10.11 aka 12.10.11.2, which can be found here: https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

3 replies

Jul 27, 2021 10:15 AM in response to Johnny DEP

Thanks for your reply.

Do I simply download and install 12.10.11 or do I remove the other list other software components, before I install 12.10.11

QuickTime (if present)

(see this note on QuickTime below)iTunes

(see note 1 below)Apple Software Update

(if this will not uninstall try repairing it first)Apple Mobile Device Support

(see note 1)iCloud (if present)

MobileMe (if present)

(see note 2)Bonjour

(see note 1)Apple Application Support (32-bit)

(see note 1)

Apple Application Support (64-bit)

(see note 1)

Jul 28, 2021 8:51 AM in response to deanhosk

There is no need for you to reply now. My problem was solved. When I got your reply yesterday I did click on https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes and an Install box opened, but I was hesitant and didn't run it. But, just doing that may have led to me receiving an Apple dialog box on my computer today requesting to install iTunes 12.10.11 . I agreed and now it works.

Thank you

iTunes - Problem updating Itunes 12.10.10 to version 12.10.10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.