Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to refresh iCloud muisc library on Homepod

How do I refresh my iCloud music library on my Homepod? Is resetting the device the only work around?

When I make any changes to my Apple Music library, my Homepod does not register the changes. This includes adding songs to playlists, removing songs from playlists, re-naming playlists etc.

I understand I can use the Airplay feature, but that defeats the purpose of using the Homepod’s Siri feature.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 9:08 PM

The issue seems to have resolved itself. Homepod will automatically update the iCloud music library, but it may take several hours.

In my case, it took a little over 24 hours. I guess I should’ve expected that. I was used to the real time updates that I see between my phone and laptop.

Some updates were instant, like adding a song to a playlist. But, it took a while for other changes, like having the Homepod recognize a new or re-named playlist.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 9:08 PM in response to Celtics24

The issue seems to have resolved itself. Homepod will automatically update the iCloud music library, but it may take several hours.

In my case, it took a little over 24 hours. I guess I should’ve expected that. I was used to the real time updates that I see between my phone and laptop.

Some updates were instant, like adding a song to a playlist. But, it took a while for other changes, like having the Homepod recognize a new or re-named playlist.

Jul 28, 2021 11:31 AM in response to Vancouver22

Glad it’s better. Mine is quicker if I add a new song. If I delete songs they stay for days. New playlists might take a few hours.

It would be better if there was a way to reset sync library (formerly iCloud music library)on HomePod which can be done per device. That is an instant fix. Or if you could just go online and fix it for all. But you can still try turning it off on one device in settings - music, then turn back on. It should still sync in iCloud. I have to keep using AirPlay to get my real playlist of songs. Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support (CA)

Sometimes when it won’t recognize a new playlist I just unplug the HomePod for a few seconds.

Jul 27, 2021 9:10 PM in response to Vancouver22

Jul 28, 2021 11:26 AM in response to Celtics24

Glad it’s better. Mine is quicker if I add a new song. If I delete songs they stay for days. New playlists might take a few hours.

It would be better if there was a way to reset sync library (formerly iCloud music library)on HomePod which can be done per device. That is an instant fix. Or if you could just go online and fix it for all. But you can still try turning it off on one device in settings - music, then turn back on. It should still sync in iCloud. I have to keep using AirPlay to get my real playlist of songs.

Sometimes when it won’t recognize a new playlist I just unplug the HomePod for a few seconds.

How to refresh iCloud muisc library on Homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.