Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low volume while playing from iTunes library v12.11.3.17 Windows 10

i'm having an issue with iTunes, using a bluetooth speaker. The volume is extremely low, you can barely hear it through the speaker. If I pull up youtube on this same PC, the volume is great. I have no issues, i can crank it extremely loud if I want. Re launch iTunes, play any song, and its super quiet. I have tried every combination under preferences/Playback. None of them have fixed my issue. I'm not sure what else to try

TIA

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 10:53 AM

Hello rzevans15,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, iTunes plays back at a lower volume compared to other apps on your PC using a Bluetooth speaker.

Have you tried to use the Bluetooth troubleshooter for Windows 10? If not, try that out: Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows

In case that doesn't solve it, you could back up your PC iTunes content and try to reinstall iTunes: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Should it continue to occur, does this only happen with the Bluetooth speaker? Any issues playing content using the PC's speakers?

Hoping this helps out, take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 10:53 AM in response to rzevans15

Hello rzevans15,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, iTunes plays back at a lower volume compared to other apps on your PC using a Bluetooth speaker.

Have you tried to use the Bluetooth troubleshooter for Windows 10? If not, try that out: Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows

In case that doesn't solve it, you could back up your PC iTunes content and try to reinstall iTunes: Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

Should it continue to occur, does this only happen with the Bluetooth speaker? Any issues playing content using the PC's speakers?

Hoping this helps out, take care!

Jul 28, 2021 5:17 AM in response to rzevans15

Hey rzevans15,

Let us know what you find after testing another Bluetooth speaker.

You mentioned trying all combinations of settings in Playback preferences, did you also disable Sound Check? If so, make the change, press OK, then relaunch the iTunes app on your PC to test it out.

Also, we found this, which might be helpful: Adjust the sound quality in iTunes on PC

Hoping to hear back, cheers!

Jul 27, 2021 11:33 AM in response to destiny241

yes, i have tried that. It doesn't find anything in error. It appears to me that iTunes is limiting the volume for some reason. When i play youtube or play music through windows media player. The volume is loud through the BT speaker. When i press play in iTunes, for a split second, its the same volume as what i was playing before. Id guess half a second and then its very very low to where you can hardly hear it. Its very odd, I did try and downgrade to v12.3 iTunes to see if it was a bug or something. It does the same thing. In iTunes i have the volume to the max, also have it maxxed out in the volume mixer on windows. Im going to try another bluetooth speaker and see if it acts the same to rule out it being a speaker issue.

Low volume while playing from iTunes library v12.11.3.17 Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.