Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

loud sound when connecting to power supply. How to avoid it? It is really very annoying.

Everytime that I connect my Mac (MacBook Air with Big Sur, last update) it gives a loud sound off, which is very disturbing and embarrassing (I am working at night). It happens with loudspeaker OFF and earphone plugged in. Please help, it is very, very annoying! Nothing to do with the start up chime!! (P.S. here is 2:20 am, not 5:20pm)

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 5:20 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2021 3:21 AM in response to MrHoffman

unfortunately this operation was not allowed. Why? (Password was correct)

sudo mv /System/Library/CoreServices/PowerChime.app/Contents/Resources/connect_power.aif /System/Library/CoreServices/PowerChime.app/Contents/Resources/connect_power.aif_bak

Operation not permitted

I tryied to move the file:

macbook-air:Resources ballisti$ sudo rm connect_power.aif

Password:

override rw-r--r-- root/wheel restricted,compressed for connect_power.aif? y

rm: connect_power.aif: Operation not permitted

There must be another possibility by some "setting" to silence this silly sound.

I wonder who came to the idea of making this without adding a "OFF" possibility!

loud sound when connecting to power supply. How to avoid it? It is really very annoying.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.