Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm still trying to update from wpa to wpa2. In that respect, this article did not help me.

How to update from wpa to wpa2 from my Apple iPad?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 7:21 AM

9 replies

Jul 27, 2021 8:28 PM in response to Linders2

The article in your post heading has nothing to do with wifi security nor changing it. It is about updating the operating system. Apple has a clear document about updating your WiFi router security, but it’s a different document -> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

As stated in this thread several times, the security of the WiFi password required to connect to any WiFi network has nothing to do with the connecting device. It is a setting requirement of the network hosting WiFi router. It is the network itself that dictates the password type and requirements for connecting to a network. Nothing to do with any connecting device.

Jul 27, 2021 7:51 AM in response to Linders2

Linders2 Said:

"I'm still trying to update from wpa to wpa2. In that respect, this article did not help me.: How to update from wpa to wpa2 from my Apple iPad?"

-------

For Note: WPA3 is the most secure encryption protocol now. WPA2 has become insecure, as it is now hackable. So, you may want to consider upgrading to a more recent modem/router. But, you iPsd does no support WPA3. So, use a separate network for it.

Jul 27, 2021 9:12 AM in response to TheLittles

But, you iPsd does no support WPA3. So, use a separate network for it.

As I said, the iPad has nothing to do with it. It is the router/modem that determines the security offered. The OP did not mention anything about their ISP or router - so how do you know that they do not support it? And, if you are, for example, paying Comcast to get Internet, you have no choice: you use their network. You use the network assigned to your account.

I'm still trying to update from wpa to wpa2. In that respect, this article did not help me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.