Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues

I have seen a ton of people having this issue recently after updating IOS 14. I took my phone too apple because it is the a1660 model and they refused to fix it for free since I purchased it in December of 2016.

My phone is in perfect condition but now I can't use it to make phone calls through no fault of my own so why won't apple, literally a trillion dollar company fix a known hardware defect regardless of when the phone was purchased?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 9:26 AM

With an iPhone 7 look at this document:

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Certain US and Asian models

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/

BUT:

"The program covers affected iPhone 7 devices for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit." iPhone 7 sold September, 2016 - September 2019 so coverage will depend upon when exactly you bought your iPhone 7.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 9:26 AM in response to rrock22

With an iPhone 7 look at this document:

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Certain US and Asian models

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/

BUT:

"The program covers affected iPhone 7 devices for 4 years after the first retail sale of the unit." iPhone 7 sold September, 2016 - September 2019 so coverage will depend upon when exactly you bought your iPhone 7.

Jul 27, 2021 9:47 AM in response to Michael Black

I understand that. My point is to bring attention to a well known issue and bad corporate policy so I hope other people in the same situation as me will comment so maybe Apple will revise the guidelines which they have already done once before so people like myself and many others who weren't affected by the defect until recently when updating IOS 14.

iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.