You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook air m1 keyboard light

when i turn on my keyboard brightness the keyboard light is always on even if under high natural light!

i'd 2015 MacBook air and the keyboard light was starting only in low light mode.

i tried the option "adjust keyboard brightness in low light" on and off but the keyboard brightness is always on as long as i touch any key.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 11:36 AM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2021 11:31 AM in response to Batrawi.MS

Hello Batrawi.MS,

We see that you're having some trouble with your keyboard brightness not working as expected. We'd be happy to take a look and see what's going on.

First, could you please confirm if you currently have anything obstructing the camera on your Mac? The reason we ask is the light sensor for automatically adjusting the brightness is located near the camera. You can find more info about that here: Turn your Mac keyboard’s backlighting on or off

If not, could you please confirm which version of macOS you're currently running?

Cheers!

MacBook air m1 keyboard light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.