Newsroom Update

This fall, AirPods software updates will transform the way users respond to Siri, take calls, and immerse themselves in their favorite games. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPods will not stop making a static noise and I have tried the suggested solutions, but nothing has worked.

My AirPods will not stop making a static noise and I have tried the suggested solutions, but nothing has worked.

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 12:39 PM

Hello:) I understand that you have tried some things but I will post this anyway. If the issue persists after trying these steps ...go to upper right and click on Get Support and go from there.

If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds

Follow these steps.

1. Make sure that you have the latest software on your connected iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
  2. Check that your connected device is nearby, and there's no wireless interference or obstructions between you and your device
  3. Listen to audio from a different app to see if the app causes the issue. 

If you still experience sound quality issues—or if the issues increase in loud environments, with exercise, or while talking on the phone—refer to AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues..this last link is good bit of info to click on for help as well.

~Katana-San~

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 12:39 PM in response to sheronica5787

Hello:) I understand that you have tried some things but I will post this anyway. If the issue persists after trying these steps ...go to upper right and click on Get Support and go from there.

If your AirPods Pro make crackling or static sounds

Follow these steps.

1. Make sure that you have the latest software on your connected iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
  2. Check that your connected device is nearby, and there's no wireless interference or obstructions between you and your device
  3. Listen to audio from a different app to see if the app causes the issue. 

If you still experience sound quality issues—or if the issues increase in loud environments, with exercise, or while talking on the phone—refer to AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues..this last link is good bit of info to click on for help as well.

~Katana-San~

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.