Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If someone know my serial number?

Could you please let me know if my ipad would be safe if there’s someone know my serial number

Does it can be hacked or something else

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 2:52 PM

Just to clarify, if someone knows your serial number, they can infer certain data about your machine - for example, they may be able to determine the specific model of iPad you're using, or even when it left the factory

It is possible they could try to use this information to trick you into thinking they have access to your system (e.g. "I know you're on a 4th generation iPad Air, and that you've had it about 6 months"), but that does not mean they have access to anything on the device at all.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 2:52 PM in response to Camelot

Just to clarify, if someone knows your serial number, they can infer certain data about your machine - for example, they may be able to determine the specific model of iPad you're using, or even when it left the factory

It is possible they could try to use this information to trick you into thinking they have access to your system (e.g. "I know you're on a 4th generation iPad Air, and that you've had it about 6 months"), but that does not mean they have access to anything on the device at all.

If someone know my serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.