Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a hacker do something with my iPhone serial number?

Is there anything a hecker can do usein my serial number of this phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, 15

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 6:00 PM

If you don’t have find my turned on they could contact apple and set up replacement for that device but if you have turn my turned on they can’t do that because no require service can go through over the phone or chat with apple support with find my enabled. One more thing you may want to contact carrier to be sure you have a special password or pin on your account to avoid a sim swap attack but if you have a special pin or password on your carrier account before any changes can be made the attacker would have to have that info along with your phone info like serial and IMEI #

Extra security tip;

be sure you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID(as far as that goes all accounts should have two-factor authentication if available)

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2021 6:00 PM in response to Thisishazzam

If you don’t have find my turned on they could contact apple and set up replacement for that device but if you have turn my turned on they can’t do that because no require service can go through over the phone or chat with apple support with find my enabled. One more thing you may want to contact carrier to be sure you have a special password or pin on your account to avoid a sim swap attack but if you have a special pin or password on your carrier account before any changes can be made the attacker would have to have that info along with your phone info like serial and IMEI #

Extra security tip;

be sure you have two-factor authentication enabled for your Apple ID(as far as that goes all accounts should have two-factor authentication if available)

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915

Can a hacker do something with my iPhone serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.