Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text reduces in size when imported into iMovie

I hope this makes sense to someone!

I can import animated text as a gif into my iMovie. It even allows for it to have a transparent background. But I cannot make the text larger once it is in iMovie. No matter how large the text is in Keynote, when it plays in iMovie it is reduced in size. Nor can I move it from the middle of the screen. I don't want to use Titles, I want to make my own and place them where I want. I am guessing I need to go to Final Cut, right?

Thanks very much.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 2:16 PM

If you import a clip with the text embedded, you can't make the text larger.

However, try this: Overlay the GIF animated text clip, with its transparent background, as a Picture in Picture over another clip or background. With the PiP settings you can drag adjustment handles on the clip to increase its size as much as you want within the confines of the screen.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 2:16 PM in response to okiedokey

If you import a clip with the text embedded, you can't make the text larger.

However, try this: Overlay the GIF animated text clip, with its transparent background, as a Picture in Picture over another clip or background. With the PiP settings you can drag adjustment handles on the clip to increase its size as much as you want within the confines of the screen.

-- Rich

Text reduces in size when imported into iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.