Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Text in imovie

In the past I have been able to add text using the Titles, and also been able to change the size of the font. Now, nothing is working with the font size. The Titles are hard enough to work with already, but now it is really impossible, as every text box comes out in a different size depending on how many words there are. Please, can anyone help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 8:38 AM

Hi,

I'm using an older iteration of iMovie on Mojave. I am not able to duplicate your findings. It appears that your iMovie is not functioning correctly, or at least not functioning as expected. Sometimes deleting preferences can cure the issue.

To delete preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project. Now see if your titles work correctly.

Also, if you haven't done it already, try creating a new project and see if the titles work there.

--- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2023 8:38 AM in response to ruthfazal

Hi,

I'm using an older iteration of iMovie on Mojave. I am not able to duplicate your findings. It appears that your iMovie is not functioning correctly, or at least not functioning as expected. Sometimes deleting preferences can cure the issue.

To delete preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Possibly you may need to reboot to set the changes.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project. Now see if your titles work correctly.

Also, if you haven't done it already, try creating a new project and see if the titles work there.

--- Rich

Adding Text in imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.