Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not syncing across all devices Mail Version 14.0 / macOS 11.5.1 / iPhone / iPadPro

When I delete mail on my Mac, it is no longer syncing with my iPhone and iPadPro.

• I have an IMAP Gmail account.
  • I am running macOS 11.5.1 and software on both my iPhone and iPadPro are also up to date.
  • Mail comes in to all devices and can be sent from all devices with no issue.
  • If I delete an email on my iPhone or my iPadPro, it DOES delete on my Mac.
  • This used to work perfectly.
  • I have not changed any of the settings.

It is only when I make a change (delete, move, etc.) on my Mac that it does not make the same change on other devices.

What happened?

Thanks for your help!

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 12:47 PM

Hello l_putnam,

We're glad you reached out about the issue you're having with emails deleted or moved on your Mac, not syncing to your iOS devices. You've provided some great details to work through this with you. Let's complete the following steps, testing after each one to see if the issue resolves:

• If possible use a different Wi-Fi network to see if the network is possibly causing the issue. If that resolves the issue, use the following steps to make sure the Wi-Fi network that it isn't working on is configured per the guide: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points
  • If you're using a VPN or security software, temporarily disable or remove those as they can block connections. If this resolves the issue, reach out to the app dev to look into this with you: How to contact an app developer
  • If that doesn't help, remove the account from your Mac and add it back. Those steps can be found at the bottom of this guide, under "Remove your account, then add it back" here: If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac
  • If you're still having an issue, let's help to narrow this down by creating a test user account. This will tell us if the issue is with your specific user account or the entire Mac: Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Keep us posted on the results.

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 12:47 PM in response to l_putnam

Hello l_putnam,

We're glad you reached out about the issue you're having with emails deleted or moved on your Mac, not syncing to your iOS devices. You've provided some great details to work through this with you. Let's complete the following steps, testing after each one to see if the issue resolves:

• If possible use a different Wi-Fi network to see if the network is possibly causing the issue. If that resolves the issue, use the following steps to make sure the Wi-Fi network that it isn't working on is configured per the guide: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points
  • If you're using a VPN or security software, temporarily disable or remove those as they can block connections. If this resolves the issue, reach out to the app dev to look into this with you: How to contact an app developer
  • If that doesn't help, remove the account from your Mac and add it back. Those steps can be found at the bottom of this guide, under "Remove your account, then add it back" here: If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac
  • If you're still having an issue, let's help to narrow this down by creating a test user account. This will tell us if the issue is with your specific user account or the entire Mac: Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Keep us posted on the results.

Take care.

Mail not syncing across all devices Mail Version 14.0 / macOS 11.5.1 / iPhone / iPadPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.