Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

I am trying to unlock my old iPhone 5s. It is connected to my old iCloud account that I do not remember the password of. I got this phone four years ago. I am currently in the process of trying to unlock it and I am stuck on the activation lock process (since it asks for your old iCloud account and password). On my second iPhone (the iPhone 6 Plus, I have that unlocked but I do not have access to my iCloud account at all. Every once in a while, I will get notifications asking me to enter my iCloud password for the email , but I do not know the password. Does anyone know how to help me?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 7:51 PM

To clear an Activation Lock, you will need the password of the associated Apple ID, or the original purchase receipt and matching photo ID and a discussion with Apple Support.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Activation Lock is a theft deterrent mechanism. A theft deterrent that is easy to bypass would not be much of a deterrent.

No, nobody here in the Apple discussion forums can help you clear Activation Lock. Only the p\Apple ID and password, or Apple, can clear this lock. For Apple to clear the lock, you will have to provide a receipt with proof of original purchase and with matching serial number, and provide matching personal identification, or similar materials.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 7:51 PM in response to ecwlms24

To clear an Activation Lock, you will need the password of the associated Apple ID, or the original purchase receipt and matching photo ID and a discussion with Apple Support.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Activation Lock is a theft deterrent mechanism. A theft deterrent that is easy to bypass would not be much of a deterrent.

No, nobody here in the Apple discussion forums can help you clear Activation Lock. Only the p\Apple ID and password, or Apple, can clear this lock. For Apple to clear the lock, you will have to provide a receipt with proof of original purchase and with matching serial number, and provide matching personal identification, or similar materials.

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.