Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my iPhone's calls going straight to voicemail?

My wife's iPhone started to divert all the calls to her iPhone to voicemail. We checked through all the typical solutions:

1. Making sure "Do not Disturb" was off.
  2. Making sure Airplane mode was off.
  3. Etc.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 8:25 AM

Found the solution. Hopefully, this will help others who have also checked off all the typical solutions with no success.

In another thread on this topic (which was closed so I couldn't comment there), a person commented that it turned out they did NOT have LTE service (4G) from their carrier. But, in Settings-->Phone Data they had set the type of service to LTE and not 3G. Once they switched the setting to 3G, they started to receive calls again. I originally ignored this piece of information because I knew we DO have LTE service from Verizon and live where the LTE service is solid. However, and out of desperation, I tried switching my wife's phone setting to 3G. Voila! She immediately started receiving calls again. No voicemail! Because we do have LTE service, I then toggled the switch back to LTE, hoping the solution would stick. It did! So, for whatever reason, toggling the Phone Data switch from LTE to 3G. Make a test call. And then switch back to LTE fixed the problem. Cheers, Mr. Luigi

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 8:25 AM in response to Mr. Luigi

Found the solution. Hopefully, this will help others who have also checked off all the typical solutions with no success.

In another thread on this topic (which was closed so I couldn't comment there), a person commented that it turned out they did NOT have LTE service (4G) from their carrier. But, in Settings-->Phone Data they had set the type of service to LTE and not 3G. Once they switched the setting to 3G, they started to receive calls again. I originally ignored this piece of information because I knew we DO have LTE service from Verizon and live where the LTE service is solid. However, and out of desperation, I tried switching my wife's phone setting to 3G. Voila! She immediately started receiving calls again. No voicemail! Because we do have LTE service, I then toggled the switch back to LTE, hoping the solution would stick. It did! So, for whatever reason, toggling the Phone Data switch from LTE to 3G. Make a test call. And then switch back to LTE fixed the problem. Cheers, Mr. Luigi

Why are my iPhone's calls going straight to voicemail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.