You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS, Safari, Google location will not change

Safari on iOS Google.ca, location shows, Unknown. Will not change.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 8:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 4:35 PM

i have tried all the steps too, including google setting. This has been going on for 2/3 months at least VERY VERY annoying indeed

I have contacted Apple, I have contacted Google same response from both !!!

chrck your setting, delete the app on all devices check your setting and everything should be fine !!!

WELL IT AINT !!!

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2021 4:35 PM in response to FruitLoops2020

i have tried all the steps too, including google setting. This has been going on for 2/3 months at least VERY VERY annoying indeed

I have contacted Apple, I have contacted Google same response from both !!!

chrck your setting, delete the app on all devices check your setting and everything should be fine !!!

WELL IT AINT !!!

Jul 29, 2021 8:13 AM in response to gerrycgc

Hello gerrycgc,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

If we are understanding correctly, you are having an issue with your location showing as unknown and it isn't changing. We have a couple of articles for you to take a look at to address this issue.

First, take a look at this article and turn Location Services off and then back on. Then test the issue again: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS - Apple Support

Best regards.

Dec 3, 2021 7:19 AM in response to gerrycgc

I have the same problem. If I go to google.com in Safari, the bottom of the page always shows “unknown location“. If I press on “update location“, it doesn’t change a thing. My location services for safari are fully on in my settings on my iPhone. I’ve tried this in Safari, Brave browser, opera, and fire fox. None of them will cooperate. Crazy thing is, if I go to maps.google.com it will always show my location. It’s just the main website that won’t work. Any other website on safari with location services works fine. It’s just google.com

The reason this is frustrating for me is because I will many times use Google shopping tab to find products in my area. But since this issue, I can’t. My area is always “unknown“ so I can’t press the “available nearby“ button to find products available nearby.

i’m pretty convinced this is a Google coding issue, not an Apple issue

IOS, Safari, Google location will not change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.