You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tried all above steps but still unable to connect to wifi

I am trying to connect my iPhone to my home wifi. Tried restarting router, iPhone, resetting network, etc but still unable to connect. Any recommendations?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 8:57 AM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2021 8:34 AM in response to Axg0301

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Axg0301,

Thank you for contacting us regarding getting connected to your home network. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you.  If we understand correctly, your iPhone is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network.  We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. To start, we will be better able to assist with a few more details, but will offer some broad attempts to get your iPhone online.

Use private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and watchOS 7

• Settings > Wi-Fi.
  •  Tap the   
  •  Tap >Private Address on or off. If your device joined the network without using a private address, a privacy warning explains why.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Are you seeing the network you want to join? Do you know the password? Are any other devices able to join the network? Are you getting any error messages?

Please check over the above troubleshooting steps and let us know if they resolve the issue. If not please give us a bit more details so we can continue to assist.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

Aug 1, 2021 5:02 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Hi Jeff,

I have not changed the security setting on my wifi. I can connect to the wifi with other devices but just not the iphone.

I tried your recommendations on not using private wifi address and resolving wifi issues caused by interference. Wifi is still not working on my phone. let me know if there are other recommendations.

Thanks

I have tried all above steps but still unable to connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.