Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending attachments in Mail rather than embed

I've transferred photos from my iPhone to Photos on my MacBook. Now I want to email them using Mail (provider is Gmail). I want them as attachments rather than embedded in the body of the email. How do I do this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 3:13 PM

dick312 Said:

"Sending attachments in Mail rather than embed: I've transferred photos from my iPhone to Photos on my MacBook. Now I want to email them using Mail (provider is Gmail). I want them as attachments rather than embedded in the body of the email. How do I do this?"

-------

Compress The File:

Right click on the image(s) and select "Compress", then add the attachment using the paperclip.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 3:13 PM in response to dick312

dick312 Said:

"Sending attachments in Mail rather than embed: I've transferred photos from my iPhone to Photos on my MacBook. Now I want to email them using Mail (provider is Gmail). I want them as attachments rather than embedded in the body of the email. How do I do this?"

-------

Compress The File:

Right click on the image(s) and select "Compress", then add the attachment using the paperclip.

Aug 1, 2021 10:30 AM in response to dick312

dick312 wrote:

I've transferred photos from my iPhone to Photos on my MacBook. Now I want to email them using Mail (provider is Gmail). I want them as attachments rather than embedded in the body of the email. How do I do this?

If you are trying to email through the Photos.app >Share icon in the upper menu—this is not possible to compress there.

Drag them to your Desktop first, for multiple images put them in a folder if you want, then Control click to compress the folder.

This is the only way to guarantee they present, send, and show on the user end as a.zip attachment (ie not in-line)

I will add you have no control of the recipients end if they arrive in-line or as a true attachment—unless you compress— no matter what it looks like on your email client locally. This depends on the recipients email client and their service provider which you have no control.

zipping a single image or a folder is your only guarentee

Sending attachments in Mail rather than embed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.