Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what will happen to my old MS office license

what will happen to my old MS office license which is not compatible to Apple M1

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 4:06 AM

Microsoft only supports Microsoft 365 or (currently) Office 2019 for Mac on macOS 11.* on an M1 Mac. Your old Office 2011 license is invalid on Big Sur and you will need to acquire a new license for the preceding choices of MS Office on the M1 Mac. Or, you can choose to use the free LibreOffice Suite, as an MS Office clone, with the potential for document format issues when shared with other MS Office users.

If you have an older Mac capable of running Office 2011 for Mac, and you have not uninstalled it, you can continue to use your existing license and that product on the older Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 4:06 AM in response to kingsley_Chennai

Microsoft only supports Microsoft 365 or (currently) Office 2019 for Mac on macOS 11.* on an M1 Mac. Your old Office 2011 license is invalid on Big Sur and you will need to acquire a new license for the preceding choices of MS Office on the M1 Mac. Or, you can choose to use the free LibreOffice Suite, as an MS Office clone, with the potential for document format issues when shared with other MS Office users.

If you have an older Mac capable of running Office 2011 for Mac, and you have not uninstalled it, you can continue to use your existing license and that product on the older Mac.

what will happen to my old MS office license

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.