Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming (Airplay) Facebook video to Apple TV, only sound, no video

When I stream videos from Facebook on my iPhone to Apple TV, I only got sound and no video, the screen remains at the Apple TV Home App screen. I can stream from YouTube or order videos on my iPhone, but just with Facebook, it only got sound but no video. Weird! Any suggestions? maybe apple could talk with Facebook and figure the Problem out

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 9:14 AM

The fact that you can stream from other apps on your iPhone to your Apple TV is telling us that AirPlay, or your iPhone directly, are the culprits. My guess is that we need to further investigate, whether or not, the Facebook app supports video streaming. For that, I suggest that you contact Facebook support for assistance. Alternately, you can wait to see if someone else chimes in with an answer. Sorry, I don't use Facebook to test this out for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 9:14 AM in response to Odiesan

The fact that you can stream from other apps on your iPhone to your Apple TV is telling us that AirPlay, or your iPhone directly, are the culprits. My guess is that we need to further investigate, whether or not, the Facebook app supports video streaming. For that, I suggest that you contact Facebook support for assistance. Alternately, you can wait to see if someone else chimes in with an answer. Sorry, I don't use Facebook to test this out for you.

Streaming (Airplay) Facebook video to Apple TV, only sound, no video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.