Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone and watch

Neither my iPhone nor my Apple Watch are notifying me of texts or phone calls. If they are paired they are silent. Do not disturb is not on. Volume is at high. My iPad is also in this mess. Help!

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 10:01 AM

Check your notification settings on all your devices. If your Watch is unlocked and on your wrist (assuming you have “Wrist Detection” on), your iPhone’s notifications will SOUND on your Watch ONLY. If you’re not wearing your Watch, or it’s locked, your notifications will SOUND on your iPhone.

Watch’s notification’s settings and your iPhone’s Notification settings should be as pictured. If you’re still having issues, let me know and I’ll see if I can help you troubleshoot further, step-by-step. But I’m hoping this will fix your issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 10:01 AM in response to nicksphone

Check your notification settings on all your devices. If your Watch is unlocked and on your wrist (assuming you have “Wrist Detection” on), your iPhone’s notifications will SOUND on your Watch ONLY. If you’re not wearing your Watch, or it’s locked, your notifications will SOUND on your iPhone.

Watch’s notification’s settings and your iPhone’s Notification settings should be as pictured. If you’re still having issues, let me know and I’ll see if I can help you troubleshoot further, step-by-step. But I’m hoping this will fix your issue.

iPhone and watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.