Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid phone number

When I was trying to use Apple Pay, but it never went through because “invalid phone number”. Does anyone know what’s going on and how to solve this problem? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 11:52 AM

2 replies

Jul 30, 2021 11:27 AM in response to chichang258

Hello, chichang258!

From your post, it sounds like you are experiencing an issue with Apple Pay. We’re glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need.

To clarify, is the problem when you try to make a payment or when you try to Set up Apple Pay? What type of device are you using when you try to use Apple Pay? Is it a supported device? If you're unsure, here's how to check: Devices compatible with Apple Pay.

Is your iOS software up-to-date? If not, create a backup of your iPhone, then update the software. Here's how:

We hope this information helps you out.

Kind regards.

Aug 1, 2021 3:07 PM in response to chichang258

I’ve also just run into this problem. It was a pizza joint - and apple pay wouldn't engage because “invalid number”. I found a similar issue in another question, and discovered that adding the country code to my phone number fixed the error (+1). Unfortunately, the pizza joint payment portal rejected the phone number because it was no longer 10 digits, so i had to order from a national chain instead of the local guy.

Invalid phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.