Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Click to add internet account does not work

Good afternoon!

I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 and when I try to add an internet account, nothing happens. I click and internet account and nothing happens. Crickets. No error, no pop-up, no "do not pass go, do not collect $200." Like a bad spouse, the program is 100% unresponsive. Any help would be rad!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Tararisin wrote:

Good afternoon!

I'm running Catalina 10.15.7 and when I try to add an internet account, nothing happens. I click and internet account and nothing happens. Crickets. No error, no pop-up, no "do not pass go, do not collect $200." Like a bad spouse, the program is 100% unresponsive. Any help would be rad!

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/fae2d86a-c7f2-4a0f-85d4-0b914d3ffb76

What are you hoping to add there...?

Do you have email set up from the Mail.app?

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Do you have iCloud or iCloud Drive setup?

Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 3:27 PM in response to Tararisin

Tararisin wrote:

Good afternoon!

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/fae2d86a-c7f2-4a0f-85d4-0b914d3ffb76

What are you hoping to add there...?

Do you have email set up from the Mail.app?

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Do you have iCloud or iCloud Drive setup?

Set up iCloud on all your devices - Apple Support

Jul 29, 2021 3:39 PM in response to Tararisin

Tararisin Said:

"Click to add internet account does not work: [...]Like a bad spouse, the program is 100% unresponsive. Any help would be rad!"

-------

Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait for 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another connection. You can also, try adding this eMail account while in Safe Mode.

Click to add internet account does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.