Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud stuck on initialising - common troubleshoots did not work

iCloud Drive suddenly stopped syncing my files and is since stuck on initialising. I already signed out and back in, rebooted, shut my pc down completely, reinstalled the windows executable version

and tried the Microsoft Store version. After all that its still stuck there.

iCloud on its own is working fine on my mac / iPhone and I can access iCloud on my PC via browser.

Is there anything else I can try?

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 4:15 PM

3 replies

Aug 6, 2021 12:14 PM in response to Jualmi

Hi Jualmi,

Glad to hear things are working properly again. At this time we'd be unable to speculate if it's due to an additional Windows update or a temporary outage.

If you do encounter the same issue, we'd recommend ensuring your data is backed up and then removing / reinstalling iCloud for Windows.

If things are working properly at the moment however, you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Jul 30, 2021 7:06 PM in response to Eric--F

Hello,

The Store had updated the app recently but didn't fix the issue.

But - I installed the optional windows 10 update "KB5004296" today and to my surprise the drive app is working again.

I don’t know if the update fixed it, or it fixed itself but it’s working, and my files are being synced again.

Thanks for the help regardless

Jul 30, 2021 5:38 PM in response to Jualmi

Hi Jualmi,

We see you're unable to sync or update your files in use with iCloud Drive on your PC. To aid us in isolating this issue, can you let us know the following?

• Were there any updates to either the iCloud for Windows app or to Microsoft Windows itself?
  • If you use multiple Apple ID's do you encounter this issue with more than one account?
  • If there's any recent firewalls or changes to how you connect to the internet, such as a VPN or proxy, take a moment to disable them then test again.

Let us know these additional details and we'll follow up from there.

Cheers!

iCloud stuck on initialising - common troubleshoots did not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.