Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in iCloud

I have switched my MacOS photos to iCloud storage (a very large batch)- my iOs devices have been using this for sometime. I cannot get the MacOS files, beyond a relatively recent date, to propagate to my iOs devices. There is no indication that the files are even slowly being transferred to iCloud. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 4:27 PM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2021 4:54 PM in response to Bird flier

Bird flier Said:

"Photos in iCloud: I have switched my MacOS photos to iCloud storage (a very large batch)- my iOs devices have been using this for sometime. I cannot get the MacOS files, beyond a relatively recent date, to propagate to my iOs devices. There is no indication that the files are even slowly being transferred to iCloud. What am I doing wrong?"

-------

Time to Upgrade Cloud?:

If they update, they would update by date. With a "very large batch", then it may take some time. If all do not upload, then you may have to consider uploading your iCloud Storage plan. Note that this does not increase your internal storage. Go here: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

How Many Photos?:

A high-resolution photo would take up to 2MB. or so So, 1,000 of those would be 2GB. If the quantity is in the 1000s then it may take some time, depending on the speed of your ISP Plan. Remember that there is only so much that broadband can handle.

Photos in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.