Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue installing a specific app

I'm newish to iOS and iPadOS (coming from a long line of Androids). I'm experiencing an odd issue with a SPECIFIC app. I have tried installing other apps, and they seem to install just fine. The app I'm having trouble with is called "Alight Motion". I should note, that when I view the app in the app store from this iPad, under "Compatibility", it says "Works on this iPad". However whenever I tap "Get" to install it, the spinny-icon pops up for about half a second, and then the "Get" button immediately reappears. If I were on an Android, I would load up adb and look at system logs to see what's up, but I am unaware of a similar way to debug issues on an iPad. This is on a brand-new 12.9" 256GB iPad Pro.

What I've tried:

• Rebooting the iPad (hold down power+volume until 'Power off' popup comes up, click it, then turn back on)
  • Killing all running apps (swipe up from bottom of screen and hold, then swipe away each app individually)
  • Switching to a different network connection (previously on my own wifi, but switched to tethered wifi on my phone).
  • Checking storage space (I've used 58GB out of my device's 256GB)

In all cases I see the same behavior. When I first try to install it after rebooting, it does prompt me to verify id with face unlock, and then spinny-icon pops up. Subsequent attempts just bring up the spinny-icon.

I'm at a loss. Googling 'ipad app won't install' isn't very helpful because those terms are very generic (and generally suggest the steps I've already tried), and searching for something more specific like 'Alight ipad app won't install' isn't very helpful either.

I haven't yet called up Apple support, but I'm guessing their suggestions are going to be something along the lines of "did you try powering it off and back on again?" (though I don't have much experience with Apple support, maybe they'll surprise me).

Any ideas for this specific issue? And more generally how to more generally troubleshoot issues like this on an iPad?

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 5:06 PM

Apple's having trouble with the App Store servers. Wait for them to fix it.

(202462)

Similar questions

1 reply

Issue installing a specific app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.