Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not use Bluetooth in my car ever since I updated my phone

Why did the newest update not allow me to connect to any Bluetooth device.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 9:00 PM

DesASharp Said:

"Can not use Bluetooth in my car ever since I updated my phone: Why did the newest update not allow me to connect to any Bluetooth device."

-------

See if this Site Helps: If you can't Connect a Bluetooth Accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Apple Support

Remove then Add, in you Card:

As for why, it probably has to be seen a new, Trusted Device on the Car's side. So, look in to removing it, perhaps looking in to the driver's manual.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 9:00 PM in response to DesASharp

DesASharp Said:

"Can not use Bluetooth in my car ever since I updated my phone: Why did the newest update not allow me to connect to any Bluetooth device."

-------

See if this Site Helps: If you can't Connect a Bluetooth Accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Apple Support

Remove then Add, in you Card:

As for why, it probably has to be seen a new, Trusted Device on the Car's side. So, look in to removing it, perhaps looking in to the driver's manual.

Jul 30, 2021 6:49 PM in response to DesASharp

Hi there DesASharp,

Being able to use your car stereo paired with your iPhone is a great feature, and we'd like to help get it working right.

You mentioned that you recently updated the iOS in your iPhone, but which version number is currently installed? If you have a compatible model, the latest version is 14.7.1. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

What happens if you test pairing your iPhone with another Bluetooth device?

You may need to contact your car stereo manufacturer, but have you checked for a firmware update for your car stereo?

Have a good one!

Can not use Bluetooth in my car ever since I updated my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.