Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth

My phone wouldn’t connect to my car so i reset my betwork settings on my phone and car and now when trying to reconnect my car won’t show up for my phone to connect. it will connect to other phones and my phone will connect to other devices but not my car. any ideas on how this could be fixed?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 10:20 PM

Did you also remove the iPhone from the list of connected devices in the entertainment system of your car?

Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

Here's some more troubleshooting:

Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS, follow these steps — checking CarPlay after each step:

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.

2 . If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.

3 . Restart your iPhone and your car. 

4 . Make sure that Siri is on.

5 . If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.

6 . Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

7 . Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support.

copied from: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 10:20 PM in response to oliviaconn

Did you also remove the iPhone from the list of connected devices in the entertainment system of your car?

Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

Here's some more troubleshooting:

Make sure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS, follow these steps — checking CarPlay after each step:

1. Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
    • If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
    • If you have a wireless connection, make sure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.

2 . If CarPlay doesn't activate automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.

3 . Restart your iPhone and your car. 

4 . Make sure that Siri is on.

5 . If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled.

6 . Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

7 . Make sure that your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.

If you still have issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support.

copied from: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.