Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iMovie, sometimes it renders the video to less than 1080p because some still picture in the assembly is lower quality. How can I force entire video to be 1080p even if a few stills are fuzzy????

In iMovie, sometimes it renders the video to less than 1080p because some still picture in the assembly is lower quality. How can I force entire video to be 1080p even if a few stills are fuzzy????

Running Mojave OS in 2018 MBP loaded.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 8:23 AM

iMovie sets the project resolution as that of the very first video clip (not still image) that is added to a newly created (not old) project. So, create a new project and insert a known 1080p video clip as the first clip. That will set the project at 1080p. You can later delete the clip and the 1080p resolution will remain the same.

See if the above procedure gets you the 1080p resolution that you want.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 8:23 AM in response to samson233

iMovie sets the project resolution as that of the very first video clip (not still image) that is added to a newly created (not old) project. So, create a new project and insert a known 1080p video clip as the first clip. That will set the project at 1080p. You can later delete the clip and the 1080p resolution will remain the same.

See if the above procedure gets you the 1080p resolution that you want.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.