Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot view mail messages without opening them in a separate window. What is wrong?

I had issues with mail crashing and restarted mail as prescribed and immediately holding shift key to prevent messages opening and thereafter moved separator between list and messages to the left so that message display pane does not display anything so that I can one by one open them and discard them to prevent the email with un-kosher content to crash mail program. Once done , I cannot adjust the rightmost paneto show images so I have only two panes , mailboxes on left pane and message list on right pane, and I cannot adjust the pane to the right of list of messages to show message contents. How can I correct this? ( Imac 10,1 El capitan )

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 11:26 AM

Hi,' Thank you for your reply. I kind of resolved it. I followed a couple of suggestions online, one being to remove com.apple.something which in turn resolved the problem but at cost of all my mailboxes disappearing once and another time mail not coming up. So I replaced the com.apple.xxxx file and it came up the same way with preview window gone and the separator at end not woking . By chance , I moved the separator all the way to the right so that page was covered with two fields , one mailboxes and the right one list of emails. I there after was able to move the last separator to left again and gain the preview window.

It is sad that such things were not originally addressed by Apple .

Thank you for taking tie to write me . I greatly appreciate it.

Sol.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2021 11:26 AM in response to JCorHelps

Hi,' Thank you for your reply. I kind of resolved it. I followed a couple of suggestions online, one being to remove com.apple.something which in turn resolved the problem but at cost of all my mailboxes disappearing once and another time mail not coming up. So I replaced the com.apple.xxxx file and it came up the same way with preview window gone and the separator at end not woking . By chance , I moved the separator all the way to the right so that page was covered with two fields , one mailboxes and the right one list of emails. I there after was able to move the last separator to left again and gain the preview window.

It is sad that such things were not originally addressed by Apple .

Thank you for taking tie to write me . I greatly appreciate it.

Sol.

I cannot view mail messages without opening them in a separate window. What is wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.