Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facing proximity sensor issue on iPhone 12 with IOS 14.7.1

Purchased an iPhone 12 Purple a couple of days back and installed an edge-to-edge screen protector on it. Recently I noticed weird proximity sensor issues when I used the phone for the first time after unlocking.

After dialing a number, the screen would turn off after bringing it near to the ear which is expected. But it won't turn on the screen even after moving away from the ear, and I'll have to double click the power button to wake up the screen. As I mentioned already, this happens mostly when I used the phone for the first time for calls after unlocking the lock screen.

I'm facing this issue 3 out of 10 times a day and it's very much annoying. Tried removing screen protector and back case but that didn't help either. Tried restarting the device too...

Since this is not happening all the time, Could it be a software issue?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 11:08 PM

No, it could be your screen protector, take it Off and test.

3 replies

Facing proximity sensor issue on iPhone 12 with IOS 14.7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.