Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Passcode - missing Numeric Code option ...

Hi, I want to change passcode but I didn't see the Numeric Code option .... Anyway, I tried to enter 6-digits but it doesn't allow me to do .. something like too simple. How can I use 6-digits passcode? This issue happened on my iPhone XS Max (iOS 14.7.1) and my wife's iPhone 11 Pro Max (iOS 14.7) ...

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 2:13 AM

Thanks for your prompt reply. It's my personal device. Just a simple iPhone ... Anyway, I tried to click "Passcode Options => Custom Alphanumeric Code" and then click "Passcode Options" again, I can see the "Custom Numeric Code" now ... However, after I entered a 6-digit passcode, it prompted "This Passcode Can Be Easily Guessed" ... I tried 7-digit passcode and same. It seems accept 8-digit or above only .... Is there anything changed in minimum passcode length?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2021 2:13 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your prompt reply. It's my personal device. Just a simple iPhone ... Anyway, I tried to click "Passcode Options => Custom Alphanumeric Code" and then click "Passcode Options" again, I can see the "Custom Numeric Code" now ... However, after I entered a 6-digit passcode, it prompted "This Passcode Can Be Easily Guessed" ... I tried 7-digit passcode and same. It seems accept 8-digit or above only .... Is there anything changed in minimum passcode length?

Jul 31, 2021 2:00 AM in response to MaruXY

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

Change Passcode - missing Numeric Code option ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.