Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry photos and video when sent in message

Until late last year I could send videos and photos in a text message and they would be received and clear to others (regardless of whether they had iPhone or Android), but now people tell me my photos and videos are blurry. I have low quality image setting off in messages. Could this be an issue with the 6s?

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 3:13 PM

I am also having issues with picture quality being lost sending and receiving in iMessage. I have verified that the Low Quality Image Mode is not turned on in Settings. The pictures I take are fine, but when I send them via iMessage, both on LTE and WiFi, they are blurry on the receiving persons phone. I also had them verify their settings as well. I had my daughter use her iPhone 12 to iMessage photos to me (I verified all of her settings as well) and when they came in on my iPhone 12, they were blurry. I had her airdrop them to me to see if that made any difference and it did not. We did this on both WiFi and LTE, and it made no difference.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2021 3:13 PM in response to bailier

I am also having issues with picture quality being lost sending and receiving in iMessage. I have verified that the Low Quality Image Mode is not turned on in Settings. The pictures I take are fine, but when I send them via iMessage, both on LTE and WiFi, they are blurry on the receiving persons phone. I also had them verify their settings as well. I had my daughter use her iPhone 12 to iMessage photos to me (I verified all of her settings as well) and when they came in on my iPhone 12, they were blurry. I had her airdrop them to me to see if that made any difference and it did not. We did this on both WiFi and LTE, and it made no difference.

Aug 1, 2021 7:44 AM in response to dtmjcm

Hello dtmjcm, 

Ensuring your photos are being sent and showing in the expected quality is important, and you’ve come to a great place for help! Are these videos and photos you’ve recently taken or ones you’ve had for sometime? Do the videos and photos appear blurry in the Photos app on your iPhone?

Also, if you haven’t already do confirm that your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version and try restarting your device to see if the issue persists. You can find the steps for updating and restarting in the following articles.

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We look forward to the results!

Blurry photos and video when sent in message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.