Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Sharing

I am sharing the Apple Music app with my family. 2 members already have the paid subscriptions of their own. If they are added to the family and then cancel their individual subscription, does it affect their individual accout playlists, purchases etc? I’d assume no, because they are already purchased, and the Apple ID is the same so I’d think it just stays in the account and “moves over”. They are just canceling their payment and it’s linking to the new family primary pay. But everyone is nervous to make any changes afraid music or playlists will delete. Lol

thanks!!

BV

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 2:14 PM

The content of their libraries should remain intact. But do not cancel the individual subscriptions before joining the family. See the footnote at the bottom of the 'First, set up Family Sharing' section of:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2021 2:14 PM in response to Venc0818

The content of their libraries should remain intact. But do not cancel the individual subscriptions before joining the family. See the footnote at the bottom of the 'First, set up Family Sharing' section of:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

Apple Music Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.