Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music

Im going to get the family sharing subscription but my parents already have Their own subscription, but I want to put them with mine, If I cancel there subscription and add them to mine subscription before their due date, Will they lose their music and playlist?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 19, 2022 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 11:46 AM

If you manually cancel their subscriptions to Apple Music, yes they will lose their music and playlists and would have to recreate them manually.

When making the change too the Family subscription, simply select the Family shared Apple Music subscription from Settings->Account (top of settings->Family sharing on their devices, without cancelling their existing one. Then their music and playlists will be maintained and their own subscriptions cancelled automatically at that point.

See here: link-> Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 11:46 AM in response to liinnlynn

If you manually cancel their subscriptions to Apple Music, yes they will lose their music and playlists and would have to recreate them manually.

When making the change too the Family subscription, simply select the Family shared Apple Music subscription from Settings->Account (top of settings->Family sharing on their devices, without cancelling their existing one. Then their music and playlists will be maintained and their own subscriptions cancelled automatically at that point.

See here: link-> Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

Apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.