Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Liquid Detection (Emergency Override)

Hello.

I have an iPhone 12 pro max and this got wet in pool because it was dropped plus it's running out of battery but there is really an emergency so I chose to click the "Emergency Override" option to have it charging even if it's still wet when the Liquid Detection popped up. Hours of charging have been passed because I forgot to unplug it while still wet and it was charged to 87% only, then another hours have passed, the phone is in its low battery level again, I tried to charge it but now the port and charging indication isn't responding anymore.

Hoping to get some solution on this concern.

Thank you.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 8:00 AM

Water destroys phones and water damage is not covered by warranty. So the solution is you likely destroyed your phone and it needs to be evaluated at the Apple Store Genius Bar. Understand that Apple will not attempt to repair a water damaged phone. If you paid for AppleCare+ when you purchased your phone, you'll be offered a reduced cost replacement for $99. If you didn't purchase AppleCare+ a replacement iPhone 12 Pro Max will cost you $599 as is detailed in this link --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2021 8:00 AM in response to justcarryontania

Water destroys phones and water damage is not covered by warranty. So the solution is you likely destroyed your phone and it needs to be evaluated at the Apple Store Genius Bar. Understand that Apple will not attempt to repair a water damaged phone. If you paid for AppleCare+ when you purchased your phone, you'll be offered a reduced cost replacement for $99. If you didn't purchase AppleCare+ a replacement iPhone 12 Pro Max will cost you $599 as is detailed in this link --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

iPhone Liquid Detection (Emergency Override)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.