Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Liquid Detection in lighting port no longer shows up, but phone does not charge.

I accidentally dropped my phone in the sink when the water was running, but quickly took it out. I dried my phone off and performed the water eject sound to remove any excess water in my speakers and ports. I tried charging my phone at this point since my battery was low and realized that there was a liquid detection warning. I took out the lighting port and let it rest for 30 minutes before trying again. However, this time, nothing showed up when I plugged my charger in. I no longer saw the brief moment where my phone indicated it was charging, nor did I see the liquid detection warning. What could be the reason for this? Is it always supposed to show the liquid detection when I plug it in, or does it not always show the warning every time?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2020 4:32 PM

Get it serviced / replaced.

1 reply

Liquid Detection in lighting port no longer shows up, but phone does not charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.