Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Does this mean the lighting cable is wet or does it mean that my iphone charging hole has water in it

My i phone shows the liquid alert when i try to charge it. Its only happened today can someone please tell me if that means that the lightening cable is wet or my i phones charging hole

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 5:20 AM

If you see one of these alerts, your iPhone has detected liquid in the Lightning port or on the Lightning cable or Lightning accessory.

If you see a liquid-detection alert on your iPhone

3 replies

Jun 24, 2023 6:49 AM in response to SFK2

Be certain you are charging with a genuine Apple computer or Apple charger and genuine Apple Lightning cable.

My completely dry new iPhone reported detecting liquid when I tried using a brand new 3rd party charging cable plugged into my Mac mini computer.

I immediately replaced the cable with a genuine Apple Lightning cable on the same computer, and the message disappeared.

Does this mean the lighting cable is wet or does it mean that my iphone charging hole has water in it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.